Nobody can predict the future, but this does not mean that we do not try to plan for it. You have worked hard to accumulate your assets. It is prudent for you and your family to have a solid estate plan in place. This may be for the following reasons:
- To manage control of assets to specific family members in accordance with your wishes.
- To transfer your assets in the most tax-efficient manner.
- To protect your beneficiaries from the dangers of receiving wealth at an inappropriate time in their lives.
- To put in place the necessary investment and governance system to manage the family wealth after your demise.
- To identify who is responsible for different tasks for your estate such as the Executor, Trustee and Guardian.
- To assist in managing the wind-up of the assets of your estate, both domestic and off shore.
Opes Wealth Trust specialises in offering individuals and their families a hand holding service that addresses all aspects of succession, tax and estate planning to help simplify the complex issues that surrounds the management of your estate. We can help you in the following areas:
- Ensure your assets transfer to your chosen beneficiaries and not to the state.
- Outline each of your assets and ensure they will transfer to your desired beneficiaries in the easiest and most cost-efficient way possible (this may involve the use of trusts where suitable).
- Explore the potential benefits and opportunities of extracting of assets from your business.
- Make sure all of your estate-planning documents are up-to-date, including your will, power of attorney and living will. Without these documents, the state will make your decisions for you and at considerable expense to your estate.
- Estimate the inheritance, estate, and income taxes associated with your death.
- Create a bespoke plan to minimise or potentially eliminate the taxes involved in passing your estate to your heirs.